Typical weights for pool cues range between 18-21 ounces. Most players begin with a 19 oz. cue stick. Using a lighter weight stick (18-19 oz.) will create more “snap” in your shot; your cue ball will be dynamic and your object ball will go into the pocket at a slower pace.
What weight pool stick should I get?
Ideally, you should get a cue stick weighing 18.5-21 ounces for American pool and one that weighs 17-19 ounces for English pool.
Are heavier pool cues better?
In general, a lighter cue will allow more control over finesse shots, and a heavier cue will allow more cue ball (CB) speed with less apparent stroke effort. A heavier cue might also be easier for some people to keep on line during the stroke, but this is a very individual thing.
How do you choose a pool stick?
What things are important in selecting a cue?
- Make sure the tip and ferrule are firmly attached to the end of the cue, with no cracks in the ferrule or cue wood.
- Make sure the tip is not hardened and glazed-over on the surface. …
- Make sure the cue is straight. …
- Choose a cue weight that feels the most comfortable.
What is the best pool cue for the money?
Who Makes The Best Pool Cues
|1.||Players C-960 Pool stick||4.5/5|
|2||Aska L2 Billiard Pool Cues||4.4/5|
|3||Players HXT15 Pool Stick||4.5/5|
|4||Rage RG210 Diamond Billiard Cue||4.3/5|
What size cue tip do the pros use?
13mm is the most common among players. Again, sizes vary among pro pool players, but 13mm tips are the most common.
How much does a good pool stick cost?
Ranging in price from under $50 to more than $1000, Billiard Factory is sure to have whatever style of pool cue stick you are seeking. Pool cues are also offered with scruffers and repair kits as well. Complement your billiard table with matching cue sticks that are wooden and traditional or sleek and modern.
Are screw on cue tips good?
You are probably looking to buy a very beginner cue or found screw tips that made you think are the screw on cue tips good. The short answer to that is No. Screw tips are for usually very low-end house cues.
Are pechauer cues any good?
Ive sold lots of Pechauer cues over the past several years, and they are consistently among my favorite cues. They are extremely well made, they are all very consistent in their hit, and are one of the best proven values that you can find for a custom shop cue. Excellent Quality, Excellent Value.
What are the best cues in 8 ball pool?
10 Best Cues in 8 Ball Pool: Legendary Cues, Victory Cues and…
- Plasma Cue. …
- Shangri la Cue. …
- Atlantis Cue. …
- Firestorm Cue. …
- Valkyrie Cue. …
- Galaxy Cue. …
- Archangel Cue. Archangel cue is often considered as the best cue in the game. …
- Archon Cue. Archon cue with the full 10 point of Force stat with the combination of 9 Spin point is the best cue in 8 Ball pool game.
How do you size a pool stick?
Other common pool cue lengths are 48” and 52”. Jump cues on the other hand are typically around 40” while shorty cues can be as short as 24” and are great for children or when playing in tight spaces.
How To Choose A Proper Length Cue.
|5′ – 5’8”||52”|
|5’8” – 6’4”||58”|
|Above 6’4”||62” or custom cue|
What is the best pool cue for a beginner?
Best pool cues for Beginners
- McDermott Lucky L9 Pool Cue.
- Valhalla by Viking 2 Piece Pool Cue Stick with Irish Linen Wrap.
- Lucasi Custom Super Birds-Eye Maple Sneaky Pete Pool Cue Pete Pool Cue.
- CUESOUL 58 Inch 2-Piece Maple Billiard Stick Pool Cue 19 Oz.
- Players Classically Styled Crimson Maple Pool Cue (C-960)
What is a good inexpensive pool cue?
- 220.127.116.11 Pros: 18.104.22.168 Cons:
- 3.1 Viper Signature 57” 2-Piece Realtree Camouflage. …
- 3.2 Cuesoul SOOCOO Series 58” 2-Piece Maple Billiard Pool Cue. …
- 3.3 Imperial Officially Licensed NFL 57-Inch 2-Piece Pool cue. …
- 3.4 Iszy Billiards Hardwood Canadian Maple Pool Cue. …
- 3.5 Minnesota Fats Hustler High Tech Grip Graphite Cue.
What brand of pool cue does Efren Reyes use?
Mezz Efren Reyes ELM02 Limited Edition Pool Cue
This Limited Edition Cue was made in collaboration with the “Magician” Efren Reyes following his playing style requirements. It features Mezz Cues second to none craftsmanship providing a unique performance and solid feel.
How much is a Balabushka pool stick worth?
Balabushka Signature Series Pool Cues Click on a cue for a more detailed view
|Balabushka GB-22 Pool Cue||$778.50|
|Balabushka GB-23 Pool Cue||$855.00|
|Balabushka GB-24 Pool Cue||$472.50|
|Balabushka GB-25 Pool Cue||$495.00|